On this page
Investing in communities
Each year our Sustainable Communities Programme invests £1.4 million in initiatives which build resilience and connection for our customers and their communities.
Our key objective is to support the development of successful and sustainable communities in the areas where we operate. We do this by:
- Supporting people to create conditions in which they can thrive and adapt to adversity in a positive way.
- Helping people to maintain and build relationships, increase connections with others, and feel part of their community.
- Supporting community groups to access funding, advice, peer networks and training.
If you’d like to find out more about our aims, priorities, and how we work with communities, you can read our Community Investment Strategy 2021 (PDF 455KB).
Sustainable Communities Fund
Our Sustainable Communities Fund provides grants for community initiatives which make a difference to the lives of our residents.
We are particularly keen to support initiatives that have been shaped by our customers.
Who is eligible?
Eligible groups include:
- Community and residents’ groups
- Registered charities
- Voluntary groups
How to apply?
The following questions may help you to prepare your proposal:
- What are you hoping to do?
- Where did the idea for your project come from?
- Do you currently work with our customers?
- What support would you like from us?
- If your request includes funding, how much do you need and have you secured any of this already?