Search the website

We can help with changes to benefit payments

20th May 2024


The benefits system is changing and we’ve created this video to help you prepare if you’re affected by the changes.

You'll soon need to take action and switch to Universal Credit if you're claiming any of these benefits:

  • Housing Benefit
  • Working Tax Credits
  • Child Tax Credits
  • Income Support
  • Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Income-related Employment Support Allowance

If you receive any of these benefits, look out for your Migration Letter from the Department for Work and Pensions. You have three months from when you receive the letter to apply for Universal Credit before your existing benefits stop.

Universal Credit is paid to you, so you'll need to arrange to pay your rent directly to us from your total income.

Once you receive your letter, we can help. Call 0800 916 1516 where our advisors will gladly offer you telephone support or arrange a home visit.